Who Qualifies:

• All owner-occupied homes (including long-leaseholders, shared ownership)

• Landlords of private rented sector domestic properties

• Landlords of social sector domestic properties (including LA owned homes)

• Park homeowners (for residential sites including Traveller sites)

How much are you entitled to:

Owner-occupied properties that the customer meets the below benefit criteria

can claim up to £10,000. For all others, the Government will pay at least

two-thirds of the cost of home improvements that save energy, up to £5,000


Households will need to install at least one of the primary measures below

to qualify for funding.


Primary Measures:

Insulation: Solid wall, cavity wall, under-floor, loft, flat roof, a room in roof.


Low carbon heat: Air source heat pump, ground source heat pump, solar thermal. So long as there is at least one primary measure in the package of works, households will also be able to install secondary measures.

Secondary measures can only be subsidised up to the amount of subsidy provided for primary measures.


The Secondary Measures are:

• Draught proofing

• Windows and doors: Double/triple glazing (where replacing single glazing), secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing), upgrading to energy-efficient doors (where replacing doors installed prior to 2002).

• Heating controls and insulation: appliance thermostats, hot water tank thermostats, hot water tank insulation, smart heating controls, zone controls, delayed start thermostat, thermostatic radiator valves

New-build domestic properties and non-domestic properties are not eligible.

For the Low-Income Scheme, only Owner-Occupied Properties and Park Homes are eligible.


You qualify for the Green Home Grants low-income scheme if you receive at least one of the following benefits:

• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)

• Income-based Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)

• Income Support (IS)

• Pension Guarantee Credit

• Working Tax Credit (WTC)

• Child Tax Credits (CTC)

• Universal Credit (UC)

• Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

• Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

• Attendance Allowance

• Carer’s Allowance

• Severe Disablement Allowance

• Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit

• Contribution based Jobseekers allowance (JSA)

• Contribution based Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)

• Housing benefit

You can find additional information the Governments Department BEIS -